Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Entertainer Seeks Same

Have you ever tried dating through a personal ad? I recently put up an ad to see what was out there. It was actually a lot of fun to describe myself and the kind of person I was looking for. The site suggested that I include a photo, as ads with photos are more likely to get a response. I didn't like the photo I had. I didn't think it represented what I truly look like, so I did just a little minor tweeking in Photoshop and posted the ad. This is what it said:
Entertainer Seeks Same
I am a funloving, good natured fellow who needs to find his other half. I am not particular about looks, but do expect you to be presentable. I enjoy amusement parks, petting zoos and music. I have always felt different and I suspect my soulmate will identify with that. If you are out there, I am waiting.

That was two months ago, and I had forgotten it was even out there. Then I got this response:
RE: Entertainer Seeks Same
I am also an entertainer! You sound really cool... I think we might have a lot in common. Do you like children? I love children and have three of my own. When you say "presentable", what exactly do you mean? I have a, um... medical condition that forces me to wear a surgical mask in public from time to time. Hope that's not a problem! Look forward to hearing from you! MJ (Kingdom of Bahrain)

Isn't that strange? I don't know if I should respond or not. Bahrain is far away and long distance relationships are always hard. I'm gonna have the think about it. Click HERE to see the photo I posted with my ad.

1 Comments:

Blogger bluestocking said...

I'm thinking there aren't many things worth responding to, and responses to your personal ad from people far, far away are among the things that AREN'T worth it. If you respond, you'll just be trying to get a reponse, and if you get it, then you'll just have to decide again whether or not to respond.

Nip this in the bud. That's my response. After all, it's the responsible thing to do.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home